Sunday, February 24, 2013

Emersons Ice Cream social birthday party

This weekend we had Emersons 10th Birthday Party.  She decided on an ice cream theme with  blue and white as her colours.  I made all the decorations leading up to the big day.  The tissue pom poms were easy (after watching Youtube), the hanging discs was an idea I got from a lovely blog called Organising the Three of Us. 

And the Big E I made using cardboard and lots of smaller pompoms stuck to it.    18 kids were here for 2 hours of candy, eating, games and ice cream.    I did a desert buffet style table, here it is before the kids arrived



I only put the desert on the buffet table as I had 2 big trestle tables set up for the kids to eat at.
The kids devoured sandwiches, party pies, sausage rolls, hot dogs, dip and vegetables and fairy bread and chips !! Boy the kids could eat


The kids played a whole bunch of games, my childhood favourite of Musical Chairs, musical statues, musical bops and a basketball game.
I spent all week making a pinata ice cream cone, once again thanks to Pinterest for the great idea!! the kids were so excited, I had to hurry the hubby along in hanging it up as the kids wanted to get into it!!



Hudson wanted to be blindfolded and decided to use his hood!
Once the Pinata broke the kids went for it.................
The we just had time for ice cream where the kids could put their own toppings on and they made some wonderful concoctions.




The Birthday Girl



We ended the day with a hot air balloon cake I made, so easy and so yummy it was vanilla and raspberry cake although only a few kids could squeeze some in!!!

A great day was had by all x

No comments:

Post a Comment